jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject SPI observation: EventFilter lifecycle
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 15:31:56 GMT
Hi,

here are some thoughts about the current SPI EventFilter interface:

Proposal: document that getEvents only needs to accept EventFilter
objects created by the same SPI implementation for the same SessionInfo
(this reflects reality in JCR2SPI)

Proposal: remove special case in getEvents for EventFilter array being null.

These changes will allow the SPI implementation to early filter internal
events, even before getEvents() gets called.

Question: do we expect many cases in which a client stops listening for
events, but keeps the JCR session open? In this case it might be good if
we could indicate that an EventFilter is not going to be used anymore,
for instance using a dispose() method.

Best regards, Julian