jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Kisu San <Kishore....@gmail.com>
Subject Finding a reference of reference
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:49:05 GMT

Dear All,

I have question regarding finding a reference to another reference, which is
a property of a node.

My scenario is something like below,

I have nodes: Model, Variant, Codes, Topic.  Topic contains a xml file as
property, codes are for a specific variant. That mean, Codes node has a
property REFERENCE to Variant node. Variant Node in turn is specific for a
Model. That is Variant has a property Reference to Model.

Now I need to find all the Codes  for a particular model.

As far as I have seen the examples, I can resolve the reference using deref
function up to one further node. I want to do something like

//element(*, CODES)[jcr:deref(@variant) ==> this gives variant node from
which jcr:deref(@model = 'name')

Have anyone implemented this kind of case.

1. Is this possible with current version of Jackrabbit (1.3.3)
2. If yes, how to do this with XPath and Sql?

Thanks in Advance
Kishore