jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Kisu San <Kishore....@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit XPath performance
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:13:55 GMT

Dear all,

I am kind of testing jackrabbit with Derby & DB2. Performance matrices of
the performance is around 5sec. Which I think is not good at all. I might be
doing some thing funny or my query might need a fine tunning.

Any of your thoughts will be great help for me,

Scenario is something like below:

I have three nodes, Bulletin, Bulletin Type and Model.
Bulletin node will have reference to Bulletin Type and Model nodes.

What I want to test is, I want to retrieve all bulletin nodes, referencing a
particular bulletin type and Model.

My Xpath query is

//element(*, "BULLETIN")[jcr:deref(@btnmodel= 'MODEL_NAME') and
jcr:deref(@btnbulletin_type= ‘INFO')]

BULLETIN ==> Node type
btnmodel = REFERENCE property in BULLETIN node
btnbulletin_type= REFERENCE property in BULLETIN node

I have created 10,000 of the bulletin nodes, of which 1000 are matching to
my search criteria. That means, returned reasult set will have 1000 nodes.

It is taking 319,012 milli seconds ~ 5.31 seconds on DB2  and 246,157 milli
seconds on Derby.

Which is lot of time in my opinion.

Can any one tell me if there is anyway of improving performance??

Thanks in Advance
Kishore