jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Esteban Franqueiro" <esteban.franque...@bea.com>
Subject DbDataStore implementation
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 17:50:36 GMT
Hi Thomas.
I've been reviewing the new DbDataStore and have a few comments about it.

* doesn't synchronizing the addRecord() method, and using only one connection defeat one of
the
purposes of the data store of allowing maximum concurrency?

* making the SQL strings private and not initializing them in a method of its own really complicates

extending the implementation (in any case, the SQL strings should be written as "UPDATE "
+ tableSQL
+ "DATASTORE SET DATA=? WHERE ID=?")

* during a Session.save() there are various calls to DbDataStore.getRecord() and
DbDataRecord.getStream(), for storing the blob int the blobStore. Why is this necesary if
the binary
content is already in the data store? It seems that this copy is overwritten every time, but
I don't
see the reason for all this calls to the DB, and file copies.

I'll be looking at this some more next week.

Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro
esteban.franqueiro@bea.com