jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Clustering and consistency
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 08:35:07 GMT
Hi Jukka

On 09/10/2007, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at the code I never realized this was happening, but now that
> you mentioned it I was able to find the relevant calls in
> DefaultRecordProducer and AppendRecord. Is there a rationale for
> having the calls in these locations, or should we consider refactoring
> the code somehow? I'd find something like journal.append(record)
> followed by journal.unlock() more intuitive than record.update(), but
> I guess that would spread both the journal reference and the locking
> functionality to a number of places around Jackrabbit.

I agree that the "lock and sync" functionality is located in a place
where it is hard to find. The actual design was influenced by the need
for an abstraction of the journal and by some bugs (notably
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-884), which made it
necessary to move more information (and responsibility) to the Record
class. I can refactor the necessary parts if you think that it's
worthwhile.

Dominique