jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Oracle support
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:24:52 GMT
On 10/30/07, gandhi <gandhirajan.n@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> I am working on implementing Jlibrary for our document management project.
> I am trying to integrate jackrabbit with oracle.
>
> When i tried it with Mysql,localfile system(as i don want blobs to get
> stored in db) and simplepersistence manager is works absolutely fine.
>
> But when i tried with oracle,localfile system and simplepersistence manager,
> it gives me some configurarion error saying that "invalid schema name"
>
> But the strange thing is that when i specify scheme param as 'mysql' even
> for oracle integration, its able to read the ddl and create tables in
> oracle.... but is still gives some error in the jlibrary client saying that
> 'repository could not be created.

you'll have to use OraclePersistenceManager instead.

here's a sample configuration:

<PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager">
  <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhost:1521:mydb" />
  <param name="user" value="scott"/>
  <param name="password" value="tiger"/>
  <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
  <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
</PersistenceManager>

you can find more information in the javadoc:

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.3/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/db/OraclePersistenceManager.html

cheers
stefan