jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Realtime datastore garbage collector
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:42:19 GMT
Hi Esteban,

My 'chain' is incomplete:

o.a.j.core.state.PropertyState (properties),
o.a.j.core.cluster.PropertyOperation (cluster operations),
o.a.j.core.nodetype.PropDefImpl (for default values) ->

InternalValue -> BLOBInDataStore -> DataIdentifier

The main reference is PropertyState, which is referenced by
PropertyImpl. PropertyState is kept in the transient space and / or
cache for a certain amout of time. I think it is not that easy to find
out when all hard, weak and soft references are removed, because this
depends on the virtual machine. That's why I have written the test
using the clearInUse method. To write a more realistic test case (that
works in the same way in all virtual machines) would be quite complex
I think. Do you think this is required?

Thanks,
Thomas