jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System slowdown
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2007 06:33:27 GMT
Hi,

> >> Are file based blob stores inherently non-transactional or does one
> >> just need to be written?
> > Just needs to be written.
> I need one and am happy to try to write one.  Do you have any
> pointers before I embark on this endeavor?

Sorry, I don't have any pointers, but instead of improving blob store,
I think you should have a look at the data store. Other than with the
blob store, transactions are not a problem in the data store. The plan
is to enable it for Jackrabbit 1.4. See:

I think we have too much choice in Jackrabbit. There are so many
persistence managers, and different ways to store blobs...

Thomas