jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving contrib outside trunk and rename to sandbox
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:26:48 GMT
Hi,

The components within jackrabbit/trunk/contrib are not included in our
releases and whenever a release branch is created the contrib folder
needs to be explicitly removed from the branch.

To avoid that removal step and to make it clearer that the contrib
components are not parts of Jackrabbit releases I'd like to move the
contrib folder one level up, outside jackrabbit/trunk.

At the same time I'd like to rename the contrib folder to sandbox to
better suggest that it's not just a static placeholder for code
contributions, but an area where committers (and contributors) can
play with new ideas without impacting Jackrabbit trunk.

WDYT?

BR,

Jukka Zitting