jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.2
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:31:04 GMT
Hi,

On 10/3/07, Esteban Franqueiro <efranque@bea.com> wrote:
> > Oh, bugger... Good catch, though! I'll fix the header and
> > reroll the release candidate (it'll be 1.3.3) later today.
> >[...]
>
> Sorry if the questions sounds silly, but why can't you change the header
> and keep the release in 1.3.2?

To avoid confusion like "is this the 1.3.2 version before or after the
header change".

We had a similar last minute blocker with the 1.2 release, that
sparked some discussion on whether it's better to just patch the
release candidate and keep the version number, or skip to the next
version. The consensus was that using the next version number is
better, and so the first 1.2 release was actually labelled 1.2.1.

BR,

Jukka Zitting