jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System slowdown
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 23:41:41 GMT
Hi,

On 9/22/07, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> Why would clustering be better than RMI?  It's not immediately clear
> to me why it's faster since it seems that we are just pushing network
> chatter down to the journal and persistence manager.

In principle you are right, but in practice the current JCR-RMI
implementation ends up performing way more network traffic than the
current clustering solution. JCR-RMI basically does a remote method
invocation for each JCR API call that you make, whereas the clustering
solution supports extensive caching and bundling of data to avoid many
of the network roundtrips.

> Are file based blob stores inherently non-transactional or does one
> just need to be written?

Just needs to be written.

BR,

Jukka Zitting