jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.2
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:27:42 GMT
Hi,

I have posted a candidate for the Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.2 release at

   http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.3.2/

See the included RELEASE-NOTES-1.3.2.txt file for details on release
contents and latest changes. The release was made from the 1.3 branch
after merging in all the changes listed in the release notes.

The release candidate consists of the traditional source and binary
packages as well as a staged Maven repository that contains the 1.3.2
release artifacts.

Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.2.
The vote  passes if at least three +1 votes are cast.

    [ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.2
    [ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

Here's my +1, based on compiling and testing the release on Fedora
Core 1 with Java 5 (1.5.0_01-b08) and Maven 2.0.4 and on Windows XP
with Java 6 (1.6.0-b105) and Maven 2.0.7. The release also passed a
number of optional concurrency tests from jackrabbit-core and a set of
manual smoke tests.

PS. See http://www.nabble.com/Release-auditing-guidelines-p8481069.html
for release auditing guidelines I wrote earlier this year.

PPS. Note that the unit tests probably fail on certain Mac OS X and
Java versions as brought up by Roy during the release vote for 1.3.1.
I'll follow up to finally get that bug in Jira, but it'll be too late
for a fix to be included in 1.3.2.

BR,

Jukka Zitting