jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV: nt:file question
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:51:53 GMT
hi felix

> Thanks a lot for the informations. Helps alot and of course I do not
> want to change the defualt behaviour,

oc...

> though I think they are wrong in
> terms of JCR, but this is MHO and nothing more :-)

oh, it's not wrong in terms of JCR. please note the definition
of the nt:file nodetype being

[nt:file] > nt:hierarchyNode
   + jcr:content (nt:base) primary mandatory

just out of curiosity: did you have a webDAV problem with
the nt:unstructured node or was it rather another application
accessing the nt:file node and (obviously) ignoring the
logic applied by the various handlers?

this application may also have a problem with the way
e.g. the ZipHandler stores a zip-file: it creates a
unstructured jcr:content node and extracts contents
of the zip-file building folders and files underneath
the jcr:content node, rather than writing a single
binary data property (primary item). right?

regards
angela