jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: about lock tokens
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 06:45:08 GMT

Dominique Pfister wrote:
> Hi Paco
>
> On 08/09/2007, Paco Avila <pavila@git.es> wrote:
>> Sorry, I missunderstood the code because confused "lock holder" and
>> "lock ownser" concepts :(
>
> You're not the only one ;) "Lock owner" should rather have been named
> "lock creator", the current term is absolutely misleading!

btw. for that reason that has been changed in jsr283:

quote from '6.9.4 Lock Owner' of the spec available for
public review:

"If the lock is open-scoped and its ownership is later switched to
another session, the jcr:lockOwner property is automatically changed
accordingly. In implementations that support simultaneous lock
ownership, the behavior of jcr:lockOwner on the addition of an owner is
implementation specific."

regards
angela