jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Padraic Hannon <...@wasabicowboy.com>
Subject Re: Is this issue resolved?
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 19:16:21 GMT
There isn't much of a reason to be so condescending. I agree that there
are some serious issues in the design of the jackrabbit core
infrastructure and a number of people have chimed in with similar
thoughts. The best way forward is to provide constructive feedback and
even patches for issues. I have found that so far the community is very
welcoming of such things. The JXInsight tool, which I have experimented
with in the past, is a great tool and can be used to detect nasty bits
of code. However, I am unsure why the harsh tone (something I have seen
on TSS and other forums, and have so far avoided here), again the best
way to make this project successful is if we take hard looks at the code
and work forward towards resolution. The JCR spec is pretty nice to work
against and it is within all our best interests to ensure that there is
a healthy successful community supporting it.

aloha
paddy