jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: spellchecker
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:28:04 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Some concerns though, as I figure the spell checker would use the
> search index as a dictionary. Can there be a case where this feature
> could be used to circumvent access controls to retrieve isolated
> pieces of content from read-protected documents?

yes, that would be possible. whatever is indexed will be used as a basis for
spell checking. we should probably put a warning on the spell checker (at least
on the one I'm implementing).

>> I planned to use the lucene-spellchecker contrib, however I don't
>> want to introduce another dependency in the jackrabbit-core. because the
>> spellchecker contrib in lucene only includes a handful of classes I would prefer
>> to copy the classes and refactor them into the jackrabbit package space.
>>
>> does anyone have a better idea how to handle this?
>
> Would there be interest within the Lucene team to include the feature
> in a future release of lucene-core?

hmm, don't know. I haven't asked them. but if I had to decide I wouldn't include
it, because it is clearly not a core feature.

> I see where Felix is going with extra modules, but there's always a
> cost in complexity with such modularity and I'm not sure if this
> feature is worth that overhead.

I think introducing the spell checker in the contrib is a good start. we can
still promote it or integrate it later into an existing module.

regards
  marcel