jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: spellchecker
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:49:31 GMT
Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Why does this extension have to reside in the Jackrabbit core ? If at
> all possible, it should also be made an add-on/extension to the core.
> This way adding the extension would also require addition of the
> dependencies and therefore copying/refactoring is not required.

the spellchecker would be an integral part of the lucene query handler
implementation, which is contained in jackrabbit-core. if the spellchecker is an
optional add-on to the query handler you have to configure it when you want to
use it. that seems overcomplicated and I'd like to avoid that.

we could of course separate the query handler implementation from the core but
since we only have one implementation I don't see how that is useful.

> Otherwise, you might want to use the maven dependency plugin to copy the
> required classes into the destination location at build time.

sounds like an interesting option.

> BTW: What is the use of a spellchecker in an infrastructure component
> like a JCR repository ?

because that's the only reasonable way to implement spell checking of fulltext
query statements. just using an external dictionary results in bad suggestions
and it is not able to consider content that is actually present in the repository.

regards
  marcel