jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Martijn Hendriks (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JCR-1037) Memory leak causing performance problems
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:49:50 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1037?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12537263
] 

Martijn Hendriks commented on JCR-1037:
---------------------------------------

Antionio, at August 7 you wrote:

> ..set the basic properties... like "creation date", "content", etc... 

The name of the "content" property suggests that it may contain a lot of data. Is that true,
and if so, is it a binary property or not? If not, and you put a lot of data in it then this
might explain the memory problem (also see JCR-937).

Best wishes,

Martijn

> Memory leak causing performance problems
> ----------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCR-1037
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1037
>             Project: Jackrabbit
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: jackrabbit-api
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.3
>         Environment: Tomcat 6.0, XP Pro w/1Gb
>            Reporter: Antonio Carballo
>            Assignee: Thomas Mueller
>         Attachments: JCR-Trace.txt
>
>
> Folks,
> We have been running tests on JCR v1.3 and v1.2.1 for the past two weeks. The system
keeps running out of memory after X number of documents are added. Our initial test consisted
of about 50 documents and gradually increased to about 150 documents. The size of the documents
ranged from 1K to 9MB. We later changed the test to consist of files with less than 1K in
length with the same result. Increasing the heap size delays the error but the outcome is
always the same (Servlet runs out of heap memory.)
> Using JProbe we found a high number of references created by the caching sub-system (SessionItemStateManager.java,
SharedItemStateManager.java, LocalItemStateManager.java).  We changed the caching parameters
using CacheManager (min 64K - max 16MB). This change only delayed the error. Servlet eventually
runs out of heap memory.
> We are more than happy to share our findings (even source code and test data) with the
Jackrabbit team. Please let us know how you wish to proceed.
> Sincerely,
> Antonio Carballo

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message