jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From William Louth <william.lo...@jinspired.com>
Subject Re: Is this issue resolved?
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 22:44:13 GMT

Hi,

I really do not want to create such an bad impression of the work of the
team. There are transactional issues that need to addressed some are easier
and others more architectural. I think it really comes down to a trade-off
between ease of use (JCR is a nice storage agnostic API) and enterprise
'ilities such as reliability. Every software (and vendor) selection involves
risk management but the level of risk is something you must decided in terms
of operating environment.

In a non-clustered environment the product work and was extremely ease to
setup and get a flying start. When it came to heavy workloads and
fault-tolerance in a clustered environment that is when we started having
doubts at least in the performance tests I was involved in.

To be honest the customer has migrated over to the EXO platform but
everything is not so perfect there either. That said the clustering appears
must more reliable but I am worried about speed of rebuilding Lucene indexes
when a node in the cluster becomes disconnected as there is no event
log/journal like in JackRabbit. At this stage in the quality of JCR
implementations its like "picking your own poison".

regards,

William