jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From William Louth <william.lo...@jinspired.com>
Subject Re: Is this issue resolved?
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:05:23 GMT

Hi,

The tone reflects my frustration at having to go over this time and time
again. I might as well be talking to the wall when it comes to Jackrabbit.

Our analysis was and is correct and to-date nothing has been put forward to
show it to not be the case and yet people continue to state the case to be
different with little evidence other than wishful thinking or worse
ignorance.

I did indicate there was one issue which I subsequently deemed dubious and
possibly an incorrect assessment by the tool but the all other issues (4-5)
were valid. We can all make mistakes but to continue to imply an assessment
by a person who has worked many years in building tools for transaction
processing analysis was incorrect is unacceptable and irresponsible to
potential customers.

I internally tested our tool again and again before reporting the issues
which by the way had already occurred (but not classified) at the customer
site before JXInsight was brought into the picture.

Also one look at a few tx related issues in the jira tracking systems
reveals fatal flaws in the transaction handling of jcr session level
operations.

regards,

William