jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From William Louth <william.lo...@jinspired.com>
Subject Re: Is this issue resolved?
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 15:55:22 GMT

Jukka,

Your level of understanding of transaction processing is truly remarkable.

If you actually read the blog entry (after taking the blindfolds off your
eyes) you would see that in fact in this case reported, JackRabbit did the
unthinkable of using the same connection across threads while the connection
was already active performing a transaction (autocommit=false) on behalf of
another thread. This is not a JXInsight/Java codified standard this is an
industry standard in transaction processing.

By the way there are many other entries on the blog that show even
concurrency at the statement level across threads with results be closing
inadvertently by other threads.

For your information these were a real world customer (not anymore) that
performed some standard benchmarking with a high enough load and had
corruption problems both at the database and in memory data structures.

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPORTAL-1187

regards,

William