jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit package structure
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:28:23 GMT
Am Montag, den 22.10.2007, 14:03 +0300 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to better manage the org.apache.jackrabbit package structure.
> Optimally we'd assign org.apache.jackrabbit.<component> to each
> component we have and require that the component puts all it's
> packages and subpackages under that component package.  This way it
> would always be obvious which component contains a given class and the
> risk of name conflicts would be eliminated.

+1. This is a very good idea ! Thanks.

> The current status is:
>
> jackrabbit-api
>   org.apache.jackrabbit.api
>
> jackrabbit-classloader
>   org.apache.jackrabbit.classloader
>   org.apache.jackrabbit.net

The net package has nothing to do with the classloader actually. It is
more like the core of a JCR URLStreamhandler. Maybe it is also misplaced
and wrongly implemented. We could move this someplace else, but I would
not move it below the classloader package.

Regards
Felix