jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV: nt:file question
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:06:46 GMT
Hi Angela,

Am Freitag, den 19.10.2007, 17:51 +0200 schrieb Angela Schreiber:
> > though I think they are wrong in
> > terms of JCR, but this is MHO and nothing more :-)
>
> oh, it's not wrong in terms of JCR. please note the definition
> of the nt:file nodetype being
>
> [nt:file] > nt:hierarchyNode
>    + jcr:content (nt:base) primary mandatory

Of course not, else it would not work at all :-) But it is probably not
expected. This leads me once again to some kind of impression, that the
way nt:file is defined is somewhat problematic ..

See the magic: You can attach anything you want as jcr:content; Spec
proposes nt:resource and WebDAV does nt:unstructured using the same
properties as nt:resource has ... Now, what should I do in my stupid
application to get at the binary data of an nt:file ?

If I have nt:resource, no problem. If I can follow primaryItems, no
problem. So then I check jcr:content/jcr:data ? What else ? I am just
left with a bad gut fealing, nothing more and probably a personal
problem of mine - though I assume most people have to work around these
glitches..

BTW: Do not want to start a thread no whether nt:file should be
self-contained or not :-)

> just out of curiosity: did you have a webDAV problem with
> the nt:unstructured node or was it rather another application
> accessing the nt:file node and (obviously) ignoring the
> logic applied by the various handlers?

It was with microsling trying to access the binary data of a script
file.

Regards
Felix