jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: coming back on the OCM reorg
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:26:52 GMT
On 9/20/07, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...I'm still looking for a solution to run the same unit tests with the
> different mapper impl (digester, annotations, ...). This is not so easy if
> we want to support java 1.4 because the object models used in the unit tests
> are different (one with annotations and another one without annotation)....

The obvious suggestion would be to drop java 1.4 support for the OCM,
but I'm not sure what impact that would have on the rest of the
project, builds etc.

The rationale would be that OCM is in less widespread use than
Jackrabbit itself, and that its development community is smaller.

IMO, the need and "development budget" for 1.4 compatibility are much
smaller than for Jackrabbit itself, if not inexistent.

-Bertrand