jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject AW: System slowdown
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:03:21 GMT
hi thomas,

just for clarification ..

you sayed that one disadvantage of the ObjectPersistenceManager
is the non transational behaviour

there was a lot of discussion about transactions in jackrabbit and
the statement that i get from this discussion is that jackrabbit "itself" (the session) is
the
XAResource in a transcation context

so my opinion is it should be regardless which peristence manager you use
jackrabbit should be always transactional if a operation runs inside a transaction context.
is this true or not ?

BR,
claus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Thomas Mueller [mailto:thomas.tom.mueller@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. September 2007 09:35
An: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: System slowdown

Hi,

> No particular reason.  I didn't know that the others were better.
> What are the differences between the three?

I have updated the PersistenceManagerFAQ in the Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

The information there is still incomplete, but the bundle persistence
managers were not documented at all before. The
ObjectPersistenceManager has 3 disadvantages in my view:

- if the jvm process is killed the repository might turn inconsistent
- non transactional
- slow

>>  How long is three times as long?
> I'll benchmark this for you

This is not required at this time

> I'm using RMI, if that's relevant.  I'll try to make a simple
> reproducible example, if that will help

Yes, using RMI does make a difference. Is RMI required in your case?
Because not using it would be another speed up.

Thomas