jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: System slowdown
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:44:46 GMT

On Sep 22, 2007, at 3:32 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 9/22/07, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 20, 2007, at 12:34 AM, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>>> Yes, using RMI does make a difference. Is RMI required in your case?
>>> Because not using it would be another speed up.
>>
>> I have multiple websites using the same JCR server.  Is there another
>> protocol adapter that I can use?
>
> Do you run all the websites within the same servlet container?

Nope.  I misspoke, I should have said I have a cluster of servers
serving up the same web site.

> If no, then you may want to look at the clustering feature.

Some questions:

Why would clustering be better than RMI?  It's not immediately clear
to me why it's faster since it seems that we are just pushing network
chatter down to the journal and persistence manager.

Are file based blob stores inherently non-transactional or does one
just need to be written?

Regards,
Alan