jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Esteban Franqueiro" <efran...@bea.com>
Subject Re: release for Jackrabbit 1.4
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:21:41 GMT
> Hi,
>
> On 9/11/07, ruchi goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:
>> What is the expected time frame for release of Jackrabbit 1.4 ?
>
> I don't yet have any exact dates, but I'd expect at least a month or
> two before the release is ready. At least we still need to finalize
> the data store implementation and handle the upgrades of the OCM and
> SPI components. I'll come up with a more detailed release plan with
> relevant Jira references in near future.
>
> Is there interest in getting some essential bug fixes out already
> before the 1.4 release? I could easily imagine doing a 1.3.2 patch
> release if there's interest.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Hi all.
Yes! We think it would be a good idea to make an interim release. We're
having
trouble with JCR-962. We have JR 1.3.1 with the 962 patch applied, and
we still
get deadlocks in almost every run of
ConcurrentVersioningWithTransactionsTest
and ConcurrentCheckinMixedTransactionTest. We also run those tests
against trunk
but they didn't deadlock.
Also, we have some code we can contribute that reads the locking
strategy
information from the repository/workspace.xml, and for JCR-935 (this one
is
commented in the the issue).
Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro