jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: System slowdown
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:44:39 GMT

On Sep 17, 2007, at 7:33 AM, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think the ObjectPersistenceManager should not be used. Maybe it is
> time to deprecate it... Is there some specific reason why you can't
> use a more modern persistence manager, for example
> BundleFsPersistenceManager or BundleDbPersistenceManager? As far as I
> know, both can access binary data more efficiently.

No particular reason.  I didn't know that the others were better.
What are the differences between the three?

>> about one million, that inserting takes over three times as long.
>
> Generally large repositories are slower than small ones. This is also
> the case for other storage systems. How long is three times as long?

I'll benchmark this for you but only if I don't switch to
BundleFsPersistenceManager.

>> I notice that the info from the CacheManager during its resizeAll
>> the size was at 4k.
>
> This sounds like you have opened sessions but did not close them.
> Could you please verify that your application closes all sessions?

I'm pretty sure that I'm closing them all in Filters/Interceptors.
I'm using RMI, if that's relevant.  I'll try to make a simple
reproducible example, if that will help

Regards,
Alan