jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System slowdown
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:34:43 GMT
Hi,

> No particular reason.  I didn't know that the others were better.
> What are the differences between the three?

I have updated the PersistenceManagerFAQ in the Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

The information there is still incomplete, but the bundle persistence
managers were not documented at all before. The
ObjectPersistenceManager has 3 disadvantages in my view:

- if the jvm process is killed the repository might turn inconsistent
- non transactional
- slow

>>  How long is three times as long?
> I'll benchmark this for you

This is not required at this time

> I'm using RMI, if that's relevant.  I'll try to make a simple
> reproducible example, if that will help

Yes, using RMI does make a difference. Is RMI required in your case?
Because not using it would be another speed up.

Thomas