jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System slowdown
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:33:21 GMT
Hi,

I think the ObjectPersistenceManager should not be used. Maybe it is
time to deprecate it... Is there some specific reason why you can't
use a more modern persistence manager, for example
BundleFsPersistenceManager or BundleDbPersistenceManager? As far as I
know, both can access binary data more efficiently.

> about one million, that inserting takes over three times as long.

Generally large repositories are slower than small ones. This is also
the case for other storage systems. How long is three times as long?

> I notice that the info from the CacheManager during its resizeAll the size was at 4k.

This sounds like you have opened sessions but did not close them.
Could you please verify that your application closes all sessions?

Regards,
Thomas