jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Synchronized methods in ItemManager
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:17:53 GMT
Hi,

> but I'm not convinced that guaranteeing more than JSR-170
> says would be good for interoperability of clients.

Maybe trying to detect concurrent access and throwing an exception
would be an option? From HashMap javadocs: "Fail-fast iterators throw
ConcurrentModificationException on a best-effort basis... the
fail-fast behavior of iterators should be used only to detect bugs..."

That way we don't have to synchronize, but also reduce the risk of
corrupted internal structures on concurrent access within the same
session.

Thomas