jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Synchronized methods in ItemManager
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:01:40 GMT
Hi,

> we have the feeling that the synchronization overhead begins to count on a multiprocessor
(8 CPUs) platform.

Do you have some test case where this can be verified?

> on a single session instance I personally prefer a more
> coarse grained synchronization

I agree. In my view, an application should not access the same session
within multiple threads. But if the application does, synchronization
is required within Jackrabbit to avoid corruption. Where synchronize
on the session is required, this should be done on a high level to
improve performance.

Regards,
Thomas