jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release for Jackrabbit 1.4
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:29:35 GMT
Hi,

On 9/20/07, ruchi goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:
> Yes, we are deeply interested in an interim release since we were
> dependent on Graffito's OCM layer earlier. Now since it is part of
> Jackrabbit , we will be depending on a Jackrabbit release   to be
> bundled in our product.

Unfortunately the interim Jackrabbit 1.3.2 release will not yet
contain the OCM layer, as the patch releases only contain bug fixes to
existing features.

> Is 1.4 release on hold because of the bugs  mentioned in the mail chain
> ( with the same subject).

I'd rather say that the release is not yet ready, as we still need for
example to manage the promotion of the OCM and SPI layers to release
components and implement things like a database data store and
probably some migration tools for upgrading to the data store feature.

BR,

Jukka Zitting