jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Using the geronimo-jta dependency only in test scope
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:52:09 GMT
Hi,

I traced where we use the javax.transaction interfaces currently
included by jackrabbit-core via the geronimo-jta dependency. The extra
interfaces are used quite a lot within the test cases, but in
src/main/java only the o.a.j.core.TransactionContext and
o.a.j.core.lock.XAEnvironment classes use this dependency.

Even more notably, the TransactionContext and XAEnvironment classes
depend only on a couple of integer constants in
javax.transaction.Status. We could easily create local versions of
those state constants, and restrict the geronimo-jta dependency to
test scope.

Does anyone spot any obvious flaws in my understanding? If not, I'll
propose a patch to do the above.

BR,

Jukka Zitting