jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Validation in QName class
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:55:55 GMT
Hi,

On 9/17/07, Martijn Hendriks <martijnh@gx.nl> wrote:
> Performance is a good argument of course. For this particular problem,
> however, I think that some check inside Jackrabbit is needed because the
> whole repository may become unusable by one wrong QName. The
> NodeTypeRegistry.validateNodeTypeDef method could be used for that. What
> do you think about adding some checks for invalid QNames there?

Sounds like a patch? :-)

However, the officially supported node type registration methods are
the ones in o.a.j.api.JackrabbitNodeTypeManager, and there we do
validate all the QNames. If you are using NodeTypeRegistry directly,
then I think it should be your responsibility to do the validation
before constructing the QName instances.

BR,

Jukka Zitting