jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: node locking when connection pool is used ?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 06:08:56 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

On 9/11/07, ruchi goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:
> In our design , instead of having one repository connection per user
> session , we would like to have a pool   of repository connections which
> can be shared between the end user http sessions.
>
> As per JSR170 specs , locking of node is mapped per repository session .
> Now how do we enable locking per user session ? Do we need to do this
> manually by maintaining a mapping file .

I'm not sure if it's best practice (haven't seen that many cases with
locking and session pooling), but at least I would create the locks as
open-scoped locks and store the lock tokens in the HTTP session. A
request for releasing a lock would then take the lock token from the
HTTP session and add it to the JCR session acquired from a pool to be
able to release the lock.

BR,

Jukka Zitting