jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OCM] Reorganize the contrib
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:55:59 GMT
Hi,

On 9/5/07, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following the issue on the jackrabbit core dependency (
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1115) and seeing other dependency
> issues, I would like to reorganize the OCM contrib.

Sounds good. Would you mind doing JCR-995 (moving the core part
outside contrib) as well while you're at it?

> Is it make sense for you if we reorganize the ocm contrib with the following
> subprojects :
> 1/ core ( now called jcr-mapping).

How about calling it jackrabbit-ocm or jackrabbit-jcr-ocm for
consistency with the other release subprojects?

> 2/ mapper (which will contains different subprojects / one per Mapper impl
> (digester, annotation, ...)

Do we need to have the different mapper implementations in separate
subprojects? If they don't add too much overhead (complexity, extra
dependencies, etc.) then I'd keep them inside the core project just
like we keep a number of alternative persistence managers within
jackrabbit-core.

> 3/ nodemanagement (now called jcr-nodemanagement). It will contains
> different subprojects / one per JCR repo impl.

Note that we may want to encourage other repository implementations to
host their own extension components. For example we can't do Alfresco
extensions due to the license mismatch.

> Last point, I would like to use the same unit tests for the different mapper
> impl. I don't want to write duplicate unit tests. I don't know how we can
> avoid this situation. still thinking about that ...

Something like jackrabbit-jcr-tests? Or simply you put all mapper
implementations inside the core project as suggested above.

BR,

Jukka Zitting