jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From ruchi goel <Ruchi.G...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: node locking when connection pool is used ?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 04:46:25 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the late response.
>
> On 9/11/07, ruchi goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> In our design , instead of having one repository connection per user
>> session , we would like to have a pool   of repository connections which
>> can be shared between the end user http sessions.
>>
>> As per JSR170 specs , locking of node is mapped per repository session .
>> Now how do we enable locking per user session ? Do we need to do this
>> manually by maintaining a mapping file .
>>

> I'm not sure if it's best practice (haven't seen that many cases with
> locking and session pooling), but at least I would create the locks as
> open-scoped locks and store the lock tokens in the HTTP session. A
> request for releasing a lock would then take the lock token from the
> HTTP session and add it to the JCR session acquired from a pool to be
> able to release the lock.

Thanks for  replying. Do you mean to say that in most cases there will
be one jcr session per httpsession  i.e. if user A logs in the cms
application , he then logs in the jcr repository.
So, if there are 100 users for this cms application, there will be 100
connections to the repository . How are these jcr connections then
mapped to database connection , in case the storage is database.

I will be sending another mail to explain my use case.

thanks,
Ruchi