jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Padraic Hannon <...@wasabicowboy.com>
Subject Re: Synchronized methods in ItemManager
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:12:38 GMT
Reading this post and going through some of the work I have done re.
syncronization in the persistence manager I wonder if the real issue is
not threads sharing a session, which it is clear they shouldn't, but
that each session is tied to a persistence manager and an item manager
which are both heavily synchronized. I understand the need to keep
caches in sync etc, but it seems that we could be more performant (and I
know I still owe the group numbers for performance :-) if we could use
another pattern such as reader/writer locks, etc. to ensure consistency
but allow for multiple simultaneous reads and writes.

-paddy