jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Synchronized methods in ItemManager
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:53:44 GMT
Julian Reschke wrote:
> Marcel Reutegger wrote:
>> our official statement still is you may use multiple threads on a
>> session that just read but a single thread on a session that writes. in
>
> - Could you please provide a pointer to that statement?

well, maybe 'official' is the wrong term. whenever these kind of questions arise
on the mailing list, we tell people that reading from multiple thread is
probably safe, while writing is not. searching the mail archive should give you
some of those statements.

> Finally, how does that translate to JCR2SPI and the SPI interfaces? It
> seems we need to clarify the thread-safety of spi.RepositoryService and
> spi.SessionInfo...

I agree, we should definitively do that. Again, I think jcr2spi should be
entirely thread safe for any kind of operation, while the SPI level is IMO
debatable, because it is at a lower level.

regards
  marcel