jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Synchronized methods in ItemManager
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:50:37 GMT
Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> our official statement still is you may use multiple threads on a
> session that just read but a single thread on a session that writes. in

- Could you please provide a pointer to that statement?

- Also, we need to keep in mind that even if Jackrabbit allows that, JCR
   in general doesn't. So an application taking advantage of that may
break on different JCR implementations.

Finally, how does that translate to JCR2SPI and the SPI interfaces? It
seems we need to clarify the thread-safety of spi.RepositoryService and
spi.SessionInfo...

Best regards, Julian