jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ocm - new project structure
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:05:19 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> On 9/13/07, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ...I never made this kind of stuff with svn (reorg full folder tree...) . So,
>> I'm just wondering if there are some points to review before doing ...
>
> As long as you tag the source tree before starting, the risk is zero.
>
> Like Jukka, I  prefer the old trusted command line for such extensive svn work.

Though one could think that todays IDEs can handle all of this properly,
at least my
Eclipse 3.3 with subclipse freaked out the last times when I refactored
the code. It did not only change the stuff I wanted to change, but
althoug absolutely unrelated code and broke nearly all imports. So if
you have a setup like this, I guess command line is much more sane.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org