jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject master plan for jsr 283 query implementation
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 08:19:16 GMT
well, those are actually just my thoughts how I think we should implement the
query enhancements specified in JSR 283.

there are basically three major blocks that we need to implement:

- JQOM, allows you to programmatically create a query
- JCR-SQL2, the new SQL query syntax
- additional query features (joins, etc.)

In a first step I already introduced temporary interfaces for the JQOM and
implementing classes.

I'd like to keep the current design of the query sub system for a while until we
are ready to switch to the new JQOM as the basis for syntax independent query
representation.

That is, in a first phase my suggestion is the following:

XPath---+
         +--->AQT----+
SQL-----+           +---->LuceneQuery

SQL2------->JQOM----+

AQT: abstract query tree

And once the path SQL2->JQOM->LuceneQuery is stable:

XPath---+     AQT (deprecated)

SQL-----+---->JQOM----->LuceneQuery

SQL2----+

Comments and suggestions are welcome.