jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OCM] Reorganize the contrib
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 07:00:10 GMT
Hi Jukka,

> Sounds good. Would you mind doing JCR-995 (moving the core part
> outside contrib) as well while you're at it?

I would like to finalise the annotation support before moving outside the
contrib. Just to be sure to have something stable in term of code and in
term of ocm project structure.

> How about calling it jackrabbit-ocm or jackrabbit-jcr-ocm for
> consistency with the other release subprojects?

+1

> 2/ mapper (which will contains different subprojects / one per Mapper impl
> > (digester, annotation, ...)
>
> Do we need to have the different mapper implementations in separate
> subprojects? If they don't add too much overhead (complexity, extra
> dependencies, etc.) then I'd keep them inside the core project just
> like we keep a number of alternative persistence managers within
> jackrabbit-core.

Concerning the annotation support, we have to use java 1.5 but maybe some
jackrabbit/ocm users are still in java 1.4.
For Sling, Felix is using another framework (Kxml if I remember). I'm not
sure that it is interesting to group togehter all thoses dependencies in the
core.

> Last point, I would like to use the same unit tests for the different
> mapper
> > impl. I don't want to write duplicate unit tests. I don't know how we
> can
> > avoid this situation. still thinking about that ...
>
> Something like jackrabbit-jcr-tests? Or simply you put all mapper
> implementations inside the core project as suggested above.

Yes if the mapper are outside the code, I will do something like this.

br,
Christophe

BR,