jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Martijn Hendriks" <marti...@gx.nl>
Subject RE: Synchronized methods in ItemManager
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 07:26:00 GMT
Hi,

I should have explained my question in more detail. The Javadoc of the
ItemManager states that there's one ItemManager per Session: it is
created in the constructor of SessionImpl. Sessions are not thread-safe
by specification. Because some methods in the ItemManager are
synchronized, an ItemManager instance of a Sesssion can also be accessed
by other threads than the one that is using the Session that created
that ItemManager. I am just wondering when that could happen.

The reason I am asking this is because we have the feeling that the
synchronization overhead begins to count on a multiprocessor (8 CPUs)
platform.

Best regards,

Martijn

--