jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tight coupling to XML configurations
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 17:10:46 GMT
Hi,

Consider the PersistenceManager a low level storage mechanism for data.
Thus, if you want to do special things, you have to use a different
PersistenceManager.

The major misconception is, that JCR is a CMP container. It is a
repository more comparable to a database. As such, JCR may be used as
the persistent store for a CMP container. Therefore, there is no such
things as interceptors at the moment. And most probably, there will not
be such things on the PersistenceManager level unless you implement it
yourself. But I am not sure, whether this would be a good idea.

Regards
Felix