jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <christ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: LuceneQueryBuilder.createQuery(....)
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:00:40 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there seems to be two LuceneQueryBuilder.createQuery methods, where the first looks like:
>
> public static Query createQuery(QueryRootNode root,
>                                     SessionImpl session,
>                                     ItemStateManager sharedItemMgr,
>                                     NamespaceMappings nsMappings,
>                                     Analyzer analyzer,
>                                     PropertyTypeRegistry propReg)
>             throws RepositoryException {
>             return createQuery(root, session, sharedItemMgr,
>                 nsMappings, analyzer, propReg, null);
> }
>
> This one never seems to be called AFAICS. Is this still there for legacy reasons? I need
to know this, because for implementing backwards compatible JCR-1064, I need to add a parameter
to LuceneQueryBuilder.createQuery() in QueryImpl that indicates new index format. Now, the
method above is never used AFAICS, but I need to add in

Hm, maybe Marcel can comment on this one? I see not reason for the method to
stay. But there probably is, otherwise Marcel would have removed it when
introducing synonyms. Or is it just a relict?

Cheers,
Christoph