jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <christ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: improving the scalability in searching
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 22:50:19 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:

> Well....if I start implementing the 1:1 mapping simultaneously and have to
> make this backwards compatible also for old indices, I am afraid that I have
> to test all around the place.

As far as I can see the following needs to be done:

In LuceneQueryBuilder methods need to be extracted for

a) creating Terms
b) creating WildcardQueries
c) creating MatchAllQueries

If you just pass the a flag to LuceneQueryBuilder for the beginning you need one
"if (newFormat)" in each method.

In NodeIndexer you need one "if (newFormat)" in createFieldWithoutNorms() and
one where you need to decide whether to add the new PROPERTY_SET field.

In SearchIndex a different SortComparator needs to be used in createSortFields().

Means six checks in total. I would go for the easy way in the beginning. We can
still extract the code into classes. I would like to see it working first before
doing the refactoring. WDYT?

Cheers,
Christoph