jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <christ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: Consistency check of indexes takes to long
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:29:47 GMT
Marcel Reutegger wrote:

>> For now I'm thinking about disabling consistency checks at all by
>> default and run them in a maintenance window at night. Unfortunately
>> this might be a bit dangerous if parts of the application rely on
>> certain nodes to be found by queries :/
>> WDYT?
>
> I agree with you. We could introduce a third configuration value for
> forceConsistenceCheck (in addition to 'true' and 'false'): disabled.
> that would then be the default in the next released version of jackrabbit.

Well, I would prefer keeping the possible value set of "true" and "false" since
the name of the value implies that it is a boolean flag. What about changing the
the behaviour of Jackrabbit. If forceConsistencyCheck is "true" a check is run
otherwise no check is run. AFAIU the consistency check is not necessarily
dependent on the application of a redo log.
But I agree that either way the default behaviour should be to not do any
consistency checks anymore.

Cheers,
Christoph