jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <christ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: JCR 2.0 extensions
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:24:41 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> To best manage the change I would like to start a separate
> jackrabbit-jsr283 component that would contain tentative JCR 2.0
> extension interfaces in org.apache.jackrabbit.jsr283. We wouldn't need
> to make any backwards compatibility claims for that component, but any
> other components like jackrabbit-core, jackrabbit-jcr-tests,
> jackrabbit-jcr-rmi, and jackrabbit-jcr2spi could depend on that
> component until the final jcr-2.0.jar is available.
>
> What do you think? I guess there is some licensing stuff to figure
> out, but otherwise I think this would be the cleanest approach.

Sounds good. We just need to make sure that those jsr283 interfaces do not
interfere with jsr170 interfaces because some Jackrabbit classes will need to
implement both interfaces. But since jsr283 should be mainly backwards
compatible this shouldn't be a problem. Or do you want to start a whole new
branch where all jsr170 interfaces are replaced by jsr283 interfaces?

Cheers,
Christoph